You can now order PDFs, books, dice, and GM screens through the Synthicide online store!
Synthicide has been described as “Firefly meets Terminator.” You and your fellow players crew a spaceship, trying to scrape by in a galaxy where robots have rights but humans do not.
Civilization collapsed long ago in the wake of mutant warfare. Survivors toil beneath the bootheel of their privileged Synthetic overlords. The Tharnaxist Church, a corrupt machine cult, suffocates the Galaxy with their tyrannical dogma. Yet you and your friends make a name for yourselves as sharpers, lowly space criminals contracting with gangs and mega-corporations alike.
- Scarcity: You start out broke and starving, though you have plenty of bullets and a ship to fix that.
- Violence: Murder is not a crime. However, showing a little mercy might just make you a friend in this crazy Galaxy.
- Corruption: Almost every institution is looking out for itself, and sees humans as disposable pawns. If you can raise up the ranks, you could change this or sway it to your advantage.
- Mystery: You may have a spaceship, but you don’t know much about what’s left of the Galaxy. As you and your allies make names for yourself, you will get caught in a mess of faction intrigue and ancient discoveries.
- Synthicide: It’s the name of the game, and it’s inescapable. A robot will oppose you at some point, whether you’re hired to kill it or not. In order to survive, you will have to commit the one crime that still counts.
Use Synthicide‘s simple 1d10 system to breeze through high-action stories of violence, corruption, and betrayal. Battle mechanics are quick and brutal, yet multi-dimensional. You can imagine clever ways to get the upper hand. Sow chaos by overloading a generator, blast everything out the airlock or pin enemies with covering fire; it’s up to you. Earn enough money to buy your next meal or a better gun, and try to stay one step ahead of your enemies!
Synthicide is focused on supporting the GM with quick tools, speeding up session planning and improvisation. These automated tools take care of the heavy lifting so you can focus on storytelling. While easy to use, they keep the game mechanics concrete, so you as you tell the story, you can get as deep and gamey as you want. Try it out! Check out following links:
Select a level, character type, a power, and then you’re off! You created a unique NPC that can help or harm the players. Try it here: http://www.synthiciderpg.com/
Need a trap? Set a level, affected attributes, and what knowledge is needed to overcome it. No longer must you dig through pages of trapped doors and whirling blades to surprise your players. Try it here: http://www.synthiciderpg.com/
If the players want to pick up a quick job for some easy cash, use the Mission Generator! It will provide a randomized outline for objectives, challenges, and fair payment. Try it here: http://www.synthiciderpg.com/
The hardcover book + PDF is $60. A bundle of the book, custom metal dice, and the case-made GM screen is available for $100.