Everybody dreams about becoming an author, artist, game designer, or some hybrid of the three but few aspire to become publishers. The 21st Century has become an age of self-publishing and has open so many creative doors than ever before. Independent publishing has grown by leaps and bounds over the past two decades with digital publishing tools, online distribution, and so much more. Yet these are still long, winding roads to master… unless you have a guide.
The Ottawa Game Publishers Podcast is a monthly podcast discussing the ins and outs of indie RPG publishing from the POV of our five co-hosts, each of them approaching these topics from their own experiences and successes in their fields. And did we mention most of them are current members of the IGDN? Because they are.
- Todd Crapper (Broken Ruler Games, creator of Killshot, High Plains Samurai, ScreenPlay)
- Joshua Kitz (Composed Dream Games, creator of Simple Superheroes)
- Jason Pitre (Genesis of Legend Publishing, creator of Sig: Manual of the Primes, Spark, Posthuman Pathways)
- Mark Richardson (Green Hat Designs, creator of Headspace)
- Fraser Ronald (Sword’s Edge Publishing, creator of Nefertiti Overdrive, Sword’s Edge RPG, Centurion)
If you are an aspiring designer/publisher working on their first game, launching a Kickstarter project, or an long-standing publisher with a catalog a kilometre long (sorry, we’re Canadian and only deal with the metric system), the OGP is a podcast for you. Be sure to check out recent episode, Get That Sucker Out There!, for guidelines on choosing distribution channels, pricing, ever the hurdles of inventory taxes and join the discussion on our G+ community.