Don’t let the movies fool you. Being a hero is hard work. When stuff gets real, it takes the right person, in the right place, with the right skills. It’s a hard, long fight to save the day, no matter whether you’re fighting with words, stealth, brains, speed, or big guns – or even all of the above! Then just enough time to catch a good night’s sleep and probably do it all again tomorrow. It takes a special kind of person to fill those shoes.
That’s why they hired you, isn’t it?
An INTERPOL monster hunter. A hacker who never shows her face. Two-finger Tess. An urban dryad. A electromagnetic cyborg. A living lava man who carries part of the soul of the Earth. A psychic crystal lifeform. And yes, even Jet Law, a guy with two .45s and an endless supply of wisecracks. Anyone can be an action hero. Who will you be when the chips are down? Will that be enough to save the day one more time?
It will be. But only if you step up to the plate.
Just Got Real is a collaborative, rules-light, action movie roleplaying game that plays in about as much time as it takes to watch an action movie. Quick, collaborative scenarios and setting agnostic rules mean you can bring what you watch to the table in minutes. Just watched John Wick? Play as a circle of professional assassins. Wonder Woman? Be a kickass, fish-out-of-water superhero and her team of companions.
Just Got Real features:
- Collaborative, zero prep scenario generation – who do you want to be, and where do you want to go? The table can figure that out together instead of putting it all on the GM.
- Quick character and challenge generation keep prep time between acts to mere minutes.
- The Element Trio, a customizable set of traits that reinforce who you are and what you can do, setting up narrative callbacks to earlier action at the same time.
- Mechanics for scene framing and economy, including Montages, Challenges, and Character Scenes, ensure a tightly focused experience where no screen time goes to waste and the spotlight keeps moving.
- With pacing-forward design and beginner-friendly GM tools, you can experience an entire three-act action scenario in under three hours.
Just Got Real makes use of a simple six-sided dice pool system to determine the results of important actions – but if that’s not enough to save the day, your powers, talents, and quirks can save you from disaster in the nick of time! If you’ve watched action cinema or television of any subgenre, you’ve got the knowledge to set a scenario in Just Got Real: Rush Hour, Underworld, MacGyver, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and more.
It’s time to get real. Just Got Real: collaborative, rules-light action movie roleplaying, coming soon to a gaming table near you. Own it now on DriveThruRPG: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/218716/Just-Got-Real