“As someone who is both a writer and an avid player of tabletop RPGs, I was really looking forward to trying out ScreenPlay – and it didn’t let me down. ScreenPlay is the perfect blend between both of these things; exactly between a tabletop role-playing game and a collaborative story.”
– The Grind
Image a story of ancient warriors charged with recapturing an escaped demon. Or perhaps a band of modern day college-aged detectives solving crimes between classes. Maybe even a tale of a rebellion in steampunk 1800s France.
ScreenPlay is an ENnie nominated co-operative storytelling game built to bring those stories to life. Where players take on the role of Writers crafting the first draft of a script, novel, comic book series, whatever you can imagine. Take your characters to intriguing worlds of your own design and pit them against the forces of darkness you create for yourselves. You control the action through your characters and the descriptions you provide with each turn. Choose a Director to challenge the lead characters and present the outcomes to these events, create something truly original, exciting and engaging as you play with little to no prep time. The story is yours!
Pick up ScreenPlay in the IGDN booth (#2437) at Gen Con 50!
- Play in any genre or format you can imagine. ScreenPlay is built as a universal system that reacts to the story your group creates during play. No prep required!
- Designed to allow everyone equal opportunity at the table. Every time a player offers a description through one of their characters, another player provides the outcome.
- Dice are used to create complications, not determine success or failure.
- The core rulebooks contains everything needed to create your own stories, including character and scene notes for use in your games, character creation guidelines, and advice for Directors.
- Large print format makes ScreenPlay easy to read.
ScreenPlay combines traditional roleplaying mechanics with story game design to provide a unique experience, improvised storytelling, and exciting gameplay for new and experienced players alike.
For 2+ players. Ages 10 & up. To play, you’ll need dice (d4, d6, d8, d10, d12) and pencils.
Pick up ScreenPlay in the IGDN booth (#2437) at GenCon 50 and receive a free discount code for a PDF copy. You can find additional ScreenPlay treatments, such as Ironbound and Dial M For Monster, at brokenrulergames.net